Tuesday, April 18, 2006

how many digits do you have left?

in response to a comment i got......i figured this would make a good entry.

Mike said...
Did you ever lose a fingernail? I have.......it sucks. It looks pretty cool when the new one grown in though.


well mike ive done more than that.....ive lost the end of my right index finger.......how you ask????

in a former life i worked at a ammunitioon factory where we loaded pistol ammo on industrial machines.....big nasty industrial machines...... i had been there for like 2 months and that day was the day my boss decided i should go faster, so he cranked up my machine.....

....later in the day my machine got jammed so i went to fix it.....there are 3 buttons on the machine.

1. power
2. on
3. off

i was tring to get a casing out of the track when shells started falling on my head because the power button (ex #1) was still on so i took my left hand to hit the power off, but guess what buttong i pressed........YES i pressing the fucking ON button. so then i watched to maching take off 9MM of my finger......after a wonderful trip to the hospital they luckily were able to sew it back on , but only half of it took, so i have about 4mm in my finger gone and no feeling it the tip.

it was my brothers birthday to, needless to say i didnt arrive at dinner.

7 Comments:

Blogger texas math said...

The only male blogger I tend to read on a regular basis is Jason Mulgrew....but after this post...you are now the second one...keep it coming!

7:55 PM  
Blogger point45 said...

awesome, thanks......you ever lost a digit?

7:57 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

LOL..........that's great! Between that and your toes you're a mess!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

holy crap point!!!!! and btw, what jenn said yesterday about how i said that you remind me of matt "the man"...you totally do. i added you to my blogroll btw.

8:58 AM  
Blogger point45 said...

good men rule becky you need to listen to matt more, he sounds like a genious. almost as smart as me.

how many words did i misspell in this post?

7:39 PM  
Blogger texas math said...

Never lost a digit, but I got my thumb caught in the store safe when I worked at a fast food joint several years back...only lost part of the nail on my thumb..your story is way cooler.

8:30 PM  
Blogger point45 said...

yea that sucks....there is nothing worse than getting your finger jammed....well almost nothing:)

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home