Monday, November 06, 2006

the first one.


So this weekend i went pig hunting for the first time. I was really interesting to me. Some of you know i have been brought into hunting through my friend's parents. My folks never hunted and there was never a gun into the house. So for the last couple of years i have starting out and learning to hunt.

I went deer hunting last month and didnt see a thing. but very peaceful very quiet. slow and relaxing.

well like i said i went pig hunting and it was cool. it is so exciting compared to deer. (granted i think deer will be more rewarding) but what a difference.

you can hear them in the bushes digging up the ground and snorting.....its a fucking gas. its action packed (considering you can get goared by one of the little bastards:) we are yelling to each other and running after them. (when a dear takes off just say later) but when a pig takes off......its like chasing your dog in the back yard....you kinda got a chance.

well this is how it went.......
we were starting our walk....5 of us.... jimmy was above me walking sideways on the hill. well i started to go to low so i had to crawl on my knees to get though a couple of pine trees.....and then i hear jimmy yell "chris 4 pigs coming your way!" i look up and three of them are rounding the tree infront of me. i thought to myself oh fuck....i have 3 hogs running right at me and im on my knees crawling through a fucking bush.....

so i raise up my rifle and just shot and missed....i didnt really even aim.....2 took off up the hill and one stayed on course. i fired agian and hit it. It took off down the hill and we found in the rivene...but it as still alive so i put it down.

as heartless people think hunters are there is nothing worse that seeing and animal suffer there is absolutely no pleasure in that aspect.

but anyways i my first pig. and my first big game.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Cool! Send over some bacon!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Eww Ewwww and double ewww at the picture. *cringe*

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! I wish we had wild pigs around here. I think it'd be as fun as the predator hunting we do now.

2:29 PM  
Blogger point45 said...

robert i think you would love it.

7:09 PM  
Blogger norcalgirl28 said...

off to lose my lunch now...tell me again why I checked in to see what you were up to???

12:44 PM  
Blogger point45 said...

becuase im wonderful:)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

yay i'm glad for you! matt went last week and didn't get anything yet. he saw lots but didn't shoot them.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Southern (in)Sanity said...

They have hunts for wild pigs in the state parks here on occasion because their numbers are so high.

A friend of mine has killed two or three each time. He loves it - and the meat is pretty good too, especially roasted.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home